Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tortellini...

I thought that for each meal I post I will try to give an estimate on the cost too. I always find it helpful when you really know how much your dinner will cost you in comparison to eating out or ordering pizza. It motivates me to cook more.



Okay, so I know I posted this on my blog a long time ago but I absolutely love that this dish is so simple. How many dinner recipes do you have that require 5 ingredients or less? Not many I'm sure. This dinner is so delicious and so easy you will flip with excitement. And the best part is, the kids will love it!!!

Tortellini

1 bag tortellini, cooked and drained $3.00
Bertolli marinara sauce in burgundy wine $3.49
Bertolli alfredo sauce $3.49

After I have drained the pasta, I will add some marinara and alfredo sauce until it's coated. There will usually be some leftover sauce depending on how much tortellini you use. Just use your best judgement on this one.
I put the tortellini in a baking dish that has been sprayed and then I put provolone cheese slices ($3.99) on top. I bake it until the cheese is melted and gooey!

We love the Albertson's bake at home baguette bread with this. I will usually buy 4-5 loaves at a time and store them in my freezer. If they don't have any out, they will get you some from the freezer to buy...they are usually about $1.59/ea. Total cost comes to about $16.00 for 6-8 servings and some leftover sauce and cheese for another day. Enjoy!!!

No comments: