Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chicken & Vegetable Soup

This is a very easy soup to put together. I like to make this to have in the fridge on those busy weeks. It's an easy lunch and a great way to eat all of those veggies. I don't like potatoes in mine, and sometimes I like to add diced zucchini. I have also swapped the chicken for hamburger. It's yummy that way too!!


1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
** cook onion in 1 TBSP butter.
When translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 min.

8 cups water
2 extra large Knorr chicken bouillon
2 med. carrots -chopped
2 stalks celery - chopped
1- 15 oz. tomatoes - cut up
** add and cook for 15 min.

1- 15 oz. french style green beans
4 or 5 cooked potatoes - diced
** add and cook for 10 min.

4 cooked chicken breast - cut up
1- 15 oz. white navy beans
** add and cook for 10 min.

Seasonings:
1 TBSP Basil
3/4 tsp. Pepper
1 TBSP Salt

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

Sounds good...I can't wait for a cold day to make some soup!