Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Easy Crock-Pot Italian Chicken












This is one of those recipes that I make often because it's so good and one of the rare dinners that my kids don't pick at and complain about. They love it!

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1/4 c. butter (optional)

Spray crockpot with non-stick spray. Combine soup, cream cheese, and dressing mix. Pour over chicken in crockpot. Cook all day on LOW heat or on HIGH heat approximately 4 hours or until chicken is soft. Shred chicken and serve over noodles or rice.

(Variation: Sometimes I add a medium container of sour cream or add an extra can of cream of chicken, depending on how "saucy" I want it. I like to serve it on top of whole wheat egg noodles).

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

I've seen this recipe before but I have never tried it...I'm going to put it on my list and make it...

Angie said...

This is one of my favorites! I'll have to make it again and soon. :)