Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Decadent Chocolate Truffles

These are so fun and so easy! I often get requests for these and I also love to make them for gifts or thank you's. They're also fun for kids to help with - my daughter loves to help me roll them into the different toppings.













(It says it makes about 6 dozen, but I guess I make mine bigger because I usually get about 60)

3 cups (18 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand Original or Creamy Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk (I've never been able to find the chocolate one, so if any of you are able to use it in this recipe, let me know how they turn out!)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Ideas for coatings: Finely chopped toasted nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, colored sprinkles, unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar, colored sugars, etc.

In large saucepan melt chips with Eagle Brand Condensed Milk. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into medium sized bowl. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in desired coating and/or decorate with frosting and candies. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Mike and Alleen said...

These look like so much fun! I'm excited to try them. They remind me of Chrismas. They sound super easy to!