Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cafe Rio Chicken Tortilla Soup

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds really good especially on a cool day. Since it's still 100 degrees here, I'm going to save it or make it when we head to Utah.


3 C chicken Broth
2 cans tomatoes (28 oz)
1 can green chili's (4 oz)
1/2 C enchilada sauce
3 cloves garlic
1/2 an onion chopped
dash of cumin
salt and pepper to taste
cooked & shredded chicken breasts
cilantro
limes cut in sections


Simmer all above ingredients, except limes. squeeze a least one lime in each bowl ( or use lime juice and simmer with other ingredients). The lime is the flavor that makes the soup! at least for me it is.You can also add any of the following you like:Grated cheese tortilla chips (lime tortilla chips are good)also freshly cooked tortilla shells are great!sliced avocados, sour cream I am sure there are many other things you could add but these are favorites.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is exactly the recipe I was wanting! A friend made us some when Ava got out of the hospital and I loved it so much that I tried finding a recipe that was similar online with no luck. I ended up just winging it two days ago and it turned out pretty good, but this is exactly what I need to make it perfect next time! Thanks!