Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pretty Package Cake


I made this cake for my sister's 30th birthday 2 years ago and just looked it up so I could make it again. It was so easy and fun and turned out really great, I think. It'd work great for any kind of occasion!






RECIPE INGREDIENTS:

Frosted 9- by 13-inch cake
Fruit by the Foot
Spree candies
1. Ribbon:   Cut 12-inch and 16-inch lengths of Fruit by the Foot and drape them across the cake and down the sides to resemble ribbon. Tuck the ends under the cake, using a spatula to gently lift it just a little. 
Step 2 - Pretty Package Cake2. Bow:   Top the ribbon with two 8-inch lengths of Fruit by the Foot fashioned into loops and 5-inch-long streamers with notches snipped into the ends. Add a small oval to resemble a knot. 
3. Polka-dot gift wrap:   Press randomly spaced Spree candies into the frosting (we used about 3 dozen). 

2 comments:

susette said...

This is just too, too, too cute for words. I can't wait to try it. Are all fruit by the foots flavored with a stripe down the middle or do you need a specific flavor for that cute stripping?

Lisa said...

Sorry I didn't see this question until now!
The one I use is Kellogg's Yogos Rollers yogurty striped fruit flavored rolls in Cha-Cha Cherry flavor. So I guess it isn't Fruit by the Foot, but one like it. There's a picture of how it looks on the outside of the box too. You can do any color and also any color of the Sprees, obviously, and the Sprees come with a bunch of colors in a bag, so you can pretty much do any kind of color scheme you want between frosting color, the fruit rolls and Sprees - oh, and I've always used the Chewable Sprees.