Sunday, November 16, 2008

Basil Chicken Stack-Ups

I've made this a bunch of times because it's so refreshing, tasty, easy and pretty healthy I think. I normally chop the basil up smaller than this and it's a good idea - it gets a little too strong when it's in chunks this big...

BASIL CHICKEN STACK-UPS
3-4 medium tomatoes
One 2 - 2 1/2 lb. purchased roasted chicken (I got a lemon pepper one this time - they're cheap and great for all kinds of chicken recipes!)
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1  medium lime, quartered (I've also just used lime juice I had in my fridge)
1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
salt and cracked black pepper

1. Cut tomatoes into slices and chunks. Divide among 4 individual plates. Using 2 forks, gently pull chicken meat off bones, shred in large pieces. Discard bones and skin. Top tomatoes with chicken and avocado.
2. Drizzle with olive oil (I only use a teeny, not the whole amount they list). Squeeze juice from lime quarters over tomato, chicken, and avocado. Sprinkle with basil leaves, salt and cracked black pepper. Serves 4. 

No comments: