Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup...

So this is a very easy recipe and one that I'm sure we all have our own way of making...this just happens to be our favorite way.

Chicken Noodle Soup

In a large sauce pan boil chicken and water. When water comes to a boil add chicken boullion. I usually add 6-9 cubes. This is the main seasoning for the soup. Simmer until chicken is cooked through. Bring to a boil again and add cut carrots and celery, I always cut up my celery leaves and all because it adds another layer of flavor to the soup. Simmer again and remove chicken and shred or chop. Add chicken again. Bring water back to a boil and add noodles, I use the Buotoni noodles that are in the refrigerated section. They are in a green package, I buy the fettucine ones and cut them up into smaller strips. I have found that these are the best noodles for this soup. When the noodles have finished cooking bring water back to a simmer and serve when you are ready. I make this soup early in the day or late in the day...it's super easy and tastes so good. The final step is to serve with shredded cheese on top....Cheese makes the world go round!

No comments: